Useful things to know:
1) Yes, it is the sweetener that's triggering my headaches. Stupid sweetener. As soon as I get through the sugar-free stuff I've got in my fridge/freezer right now, they're not being replaced.
2) I'm now back down to my lowest weight from doing this the first time, which I'd sort of surmised from measurements but it's nice to have that borne out by an actual scale. It also makes me happy because I didn't just let it go when I started gaining weight back. Instead I fixed it. Go me. :)
3) I'm setting upon a reckless new means of self-rewarding when I do something good by taking money I would use to grab food out (something I really like to do, and do more often than I should) and putting it toward a monthly massage. My chiropractor tells me it would do me good, and I'm frankly a sucker for massages, so why not? Today at the gym the lady who does massages there was doing complimentary chair massages in the lobby, and it was really helpful. Here's to breaking out of the cycle of rewarding myself primarily with food I'm not supposed to have.
4) What I eat in the morning really does make a difference in what I crave the rest of the day. Sigh.
5) I am actually drinking a huge amount of water or sparkling water or (primarily) unsweetened iced tea during the day. It's just not worth it to recite it all here, at least not yet. ( Read more... )